Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Silence in the library.

Our library is currently having difficulty maintaining quiet space for study. The student center is under construction and student have few places to congregate on campus, and so many end up in the library. I have been working on signage that I hope will help control noise levels in the library. Jesus, our production artist, has worked with me to create proofs of these signs that I have shared with the other librarians. I am currently going over some revisions prior to publishing the final signs for use. It is my hope that with these signs in place, librarians will feel more justified and secure in enforcing quiet study, knowing that there is a policy in place and posted for students to read. These signs will do very little if as librarians we don't work together to show students that we are enforcing these policies.

1 comment: