Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Circulation meeting

Some time has passed since my last post. In that time, I have had the opportunity to teach my first BI here at PCC and have planned and held a meeting with my circulation staff.
The BI lesson went very well and I really enjoyed it. I am repeating the same Counseling 10 BI tomorrow, and will also be holding a BI for Speech 1 next week. I also have set hours at the Reference Desk now and find that for the most part I am well equipped for my work there. At times I still have difficulties because of my lack of familiarity with the collection and my own reliance on electronic resources. Some of the instructors here use the old periodical indexes, microfiche, and microfilm collections, and I need to practice more with these.
The Circulation staff meeting went very well and provided a comfortable/open forum for the circulation staff members to share their concerns and some of their personality. I enjoyed speaking with them all and getting to know a little about them while also discussing some minor policy changes.

No comments: