Monday, October 22, 2007

Signage

The new signs for the library are finally finished. I also have bookmarks designed to hand out to rowdy students to help bring down the noise. The Circle K club on campus may help as well with patrolling the library to keep it quiet, but they have not contacted me yet with their ideas and needs.
Some other options have been discussed in our staff meetings for maintaining the third floor as a Silent Study Area. I think moving large "group study" type tables downstairs may be the best idea. Having solo study carrels on the third floor would definetly discourage group chatter.
Today, we also had visitors from UCLA come to explore librarianship at the community college level. It was fun to show off our library a bit and talk about my recent experiences with job hunting and interviews.

1 comment:

DianaCecelia said...

Hello Eric! I'm one of the UCLA students who visited the library last month! Everyone was very nice and helpful! I am restarting the UCLA ALA Student blog and was wondering if I can link to your blog. I am sure that many UCLA students would like to hear about an alumni's new job experience! Have fun in Italy!
-Diana Tedone