Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Liaison duties and Budget

This week I attended the languages division meeting to introduce myself as the library liaison. All of the instructors were very friendly, and I was able to offer my assistance in creating a Wiki should they want to do so. I also attended a workshop introducing the PCC budget to me. This helps in understanding where our funding comes from and why it can take so long to get monies.
I also have continued with my teaching of Bibliographic Instruction classes and have received praise from the instructors I have worked with. I think I enjoy teaching these classes most of all of my duties here.
Today I also had a telephone conversation with the Emerging Technologies Librarian at UCLA, Michelle Jacobs. I was able to get her input on using social networking sites in the library. She prefers Facebook, as does my own dean and I may have to re-focus my attentions on Facebook as opposed to Myspace.

No comments: