Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to work

The holidays are over and we have started the Winter intersession here at PCC. I have had two online conferences with our contact from Counting Opinions, and our library survey is nearly ready to go live. I will then have to advertise and market it in order to get the most useful results. I have also been toying with the LibPas side of Counting Opinions used for accumulating and reporting library data and statistics. I am making baby steps, but slowly coming to understand it better. I will meet with my Library Dean today and discuss what kinds of reports she currently produces and see how we can use the LibPas service to make reporting easier.

We will also be losing a student supervisor as he prepares to graduate from Library School, and I am working with my Library Techs to select a student assistant for promotion to this position. I will also need to hire 1 or 2 new student assistants, one of which I believe I have already decided on from past interviews and hirings.

I really hope to have some time to tinker around more with our Facebook page in order to advertise it as well come Spring semester. The library is now on our new network and we have a strong wireless signal throughout the building. This will make our students very happy and I assume more students will start bringing their laptops now that we have a wireless network that functions properly.

No comments: