Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Implemention takes forever

I continue to work with Counting Opinions to get our library survey up and running.  I have also been working with the data maintenance system they have, which is also taking much more time than I expected.  Implementing a completely new program/software can take much more time than expected as you learn how to use the different functions.  Especially when you must do so over the phone and internet instead of in person.
I also completed the NCES Academic Library Survey with my library's dean, which provided insight into some of the statistics and data I will want to maintain in this new system.
We have recently hired one new student assistant and promoted someone to a supervisory position in preparation for the Spring Semester starting on Monday.

No comments: