Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Much to learn.

As I start my career at PCC, the college is also going through its accreditation process. Today we attended meetings discussing the process and the use of Student Learning Outcomes to provide tools for assessing student learning. Although I understand the importance of these issues, it is difficult to take all of this in as I am still grappling with my new position and responsibilities. I will continue to spend more and more time behind the circulation desk this week and truly focus on stepping into my role as supervisor of the circ department.
Yesterday, I was able to observe another colleague teaching a bibliographic instruction lesson, and I am really looking forward to getting back into the classroom and teaching. This should happen very soon, I believe that my services are needed to help fulfill commitments to teach BIs.

No comments: