Friday, September 21, 2007

Balancing Act

As a new librarian, Im finding it difficult to balance all that I want to do. This is partially due to moving to a new home at the same time I am starting a new job and feeling my concentration pulled in several directions. This should calm down. Im very excited to start work on a Myspace page and Facebook page for the library. I hope that both of these pages will be useful and fun for our students. It will aslo be fun for me, creating the pages.
I have also started work with another librarian, Leslie, on exploring the uses of Google Scholar at our library. There are ramifications that I did not think of at first, but in the long run, I think that it would be beneficial to the students of PCC.
Finally, next week I will begin work on the circulation desk in order to slowly take on my responsibilities as the supervisor/manager of the circulation department.

No comments: