Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Week

Today I complete my first week as a librarian at PCC. I am just now completing many of my introductory meetings and am slowly taking on more of my duties at the reference desk. It will take time for me to master all that my job description asks for, but today I was able to set my priorities with my supervisor. I have the added challenge of managing the circulation desk while also performing my duties as a librarian. I will take my first few weeks to learn all I can about my circulation staff and department, hoping that with a solid foundation here, minimal supervision will keep things running smoothly, and I will be able to focus my attention on teaching, reference, and my other required duties. It has been a busy and hectic week, but a good one.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Hi Eric,
I was reviewing some of the course pages I skipped and found your blog so I checked it out. I think this is a great way for you to chronicle all your activities for your first year. Mary Ann