Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Semester rolls on.

We are five weeks into the Spring Semester, and things have finally calmed down at the circulation desk. This is allowing me to teach more BI's (Bibliographic Instruction sessions). I have had some great feedback from the professors that I have taught for, with one even calling me the "Librarian's Librarian" and praising me with a quote from Benjamin Franklin (That of course I can't remember right now). Instructors are specifically requesting that I teach their sessions, which is very flattering. These are good signs for me now as well, with the budget constraints placed upon the education system in California at this time. March 15th has passed, and I am now certain that I will not be laid off.
I am looking forward to focusing more attention on the "Emerging technologies" portion of my job title in the coming weeks.
Ciao

No comments: