Sunday, May 18, 2008

ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award

This week, the Shatford Library celebrated our winning of the ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. The celebration was short and tailored to thank those who helped the library receive the award as well as the students of PCC. This is a prestigious award and solidifies my certainty of being in the right place.
As far as work goes, I have been learning how to run Voyager reports using Microsoft Access. This will be a large part of my work when Dan is on sabbatical next year. I have also started examining my personnel in order to determine how many people I must hire for next year.
Things are looking good for the Fall semester, although I need to get to work on preparing the Circulation course that I will teach. I also continue to work on specific rubrics for Information Literacy competency to be used by PCC when examined for accreditation.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Eric,
Without a doubt, you are making your mark on this great library and college. I am so proud of your accomplishiments in this first year. And, with our "new hire," you can only imagine how much more you can accomplish!

Thank you for all you do...
Mary Ann

Diana said...

Hi Eric,

I finally had a chance to check out your blog. It's great! I'm so excited about Jared!! I'm looking forward to the three of us working together to create the best Circ Dept. around!!

Diana